ondragstart='return false' onselectstart='return false'>

© 2012 Jessie Kaufman. These photos and content are protected by US Copyright laws. It is unlawful to reproduce, publish, or edit this content without permission.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nelly's Big Day & The Murray (Nutella) Martini



Today is a very exciting day, my friend Marnely (@nella22) over at Cooking With Books is getting married tomorrow and because she lives all the way in Martha's Vineyard, a few other food bloggers and I are getting together to throw her a virtual wedding shower.

At my wedding one of my favorite things that we did was have an anniversary dance. Couples were invited to the dance floor and then dismissed based on how long they've been married. The three couples that were dancing the longest had all been married for 55+ years, so we asked them for advice.

Couple 1 (My grandparents): "Marc, repeat after me. Jessie, you're right." Ha! I love that one!
-Nelly, please instruct Brian to exchange your name for mine in this advice. :)
Couple 2 (My other grandparents): "Don't fight and always dance." These two love the polka!
Couple 3 (Marc's best friends grandparents): "Take separate vacations." Ha! I love this one too!

I've thought about that advice a few times and chuckled in the 2.5 years that we've been married. But for Nelly & Brian I'd like to offer my own advice.

Be honest with each other. Remember where you both come from, don't expect the other person to know what you're thinking or what your motivations are, and always keep the goal of meeting in the middle in mind. As long as you do that, your marriage will be strong. Also. Vodka helps. :) Joking!









One of Nelly's favorite things in the world is Nutella, so I came up with this just for her.



The Murray Martini
1 ounce of chocolate vodka
1 ounce of chocolate liquor
1/2 ounce of hazelnut liquor
splash of half & half

 Pour liquor and half & half into a martini shaker with ice and shake shake shake. Pour into glass and enjoy.
 Repeat four times, then do the polka!


Love you Nelly! I wish you and Brian the Absolut best!


Other Bloggers Participating in Nelly's Big Day:
(you can also find us on twitter by using the hashtag #NellysBigDay)


[Logo design by @FarmgirlGourmet]

16 comments:

  1. I love that you named it the Murray Martini. So sweet. What a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so wishing I'd brought my stepdaughter to the shower. This drink would be right up her alley! So glad we got to "meet."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining the fun, gad to have you aboard for the virtual shower! And what a treat to take for the shower. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Murray Martini! LOVE! Great post Jessie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...how sweet is your post, your creation and the Murray Martini! Lucky Nelly to get a signature drink! It's gorgeous Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is THE perfect name for it and I loooveee all the ingredients, but I'm sure Murray would love it even more! Thank you sooo much for the advice my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect!! And great advice--I often need to be reminded that my Beloved is not a mind reader! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Nutella drink! How sweet! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm... think I will have one of these tonight! Excellent advice. I think it can be inferred that a sense of humor is priceless, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♥ I loooooove this, Jessie! I can totally picture Nelly drinking it & dancing the night away ♥ You girls are so awesome :) I'll have to try this drink someday, maybe I can make a bacon swizzle stick for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a terrific libation to toast the Murrays,your photos are beautiful, and I am going to try the Herbed Potato Soup! Yum! @fromagechick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect martini for Nelly and me. I'm not a Nutella fan but I do love Frangelico and chocolate liqueurs...maybe I just need to have them in a cocktail to find true love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your own marriage advice , plus the advice from your long wedded wedding guests-classic! This cocktail looks absolutely fabulous too and I know Nelly will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post and this martini is to die for!

    ReplyDelete