ondragstart='return false' onselectstart='return false'>

© 2012 Jessie Kaufman. These photos and content are protected by US Copyright laws. It is unlawful to reproduce, publish, or edit this content without permission.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Resolutions, a Recipe, and a Recap



Resolutions 
I tend to not make resolutions that I know I won't be able to accomplish. Last year I chose to figure out how to make the perfect burger, and succeeded with a little Taste No. 5 and butter, so it seems right that I follow that up with resolving to finally be able to make a great steak.

Theoretically, I'd like to be able to say no more, and cut people out of my life who bring me down- both easier said than done. So, I'll aim for the steak and cross my fingers for the other two.

Do you have resolutions this year? What are they?

Recipe
I spent Christmas Day cooking with my mom and sister. Well, not all day. We're a very relaxed family. Other than the turkey and desserts everything basically was cooked in the two hours before dinner. We had planned on doing baked potatoes, but my sister suggested we did twice baked potatoes instead. It had been so long since I had spent a holiday with my entire family that I had forgotten about these gems, so I was happy to see them and taste them again.





Twice Baked Potatoes
This recipe comes from the kitchens of the Ann Arbor Fire Department, aka, my dad. 
4 servings

4 large russet potatoes
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
kosher salt & fresh ground pepper


Bake potatoes, this can either be done in the microwave or oven.



Preheat oven to 350. Cut in half and hollow out with a spoon, leave enough so the shell stays together. Put the hollowed out potato filling in a separate bowl. Place hollowed out potatoes on a baking sheet.

loosely mix potato filling with all ingredients above and with a spoon fill the hollowed out potatoes with the mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

If you want, sprinkle the top with extra cheese, scallions, or bacon.

Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.

Meatless has never tasted more like home.



Recap
My most popular recipe this year was my Vegan Corn Casserole


Other great bloggers that have influenced me this year:
Cooking With Books http://cookingwithbooks.blogspot.com/
Nutmeg Nanny http://www.nutmegnanny.com/
Not Rachael Ray http://www.notrachaelray.com/
Farmgirl Gourmet http://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/
Pastry Chef Online http://www.pastrychefonline.com/
The Peche http://www.thepeche.com/
The Pioneer Woman (who has also influenced my closet) http://thepioneerwoman.com/
Love Big Bake Often http://lovebigbakeoften.blogspot.com/


This virtual party is being hosted by Lora and Sanjeeta kk.


For more great bloggers, see the photos below




20 comments:

  1. these look great love cooking with family, happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. you too Rebecca! I hope 2012 brings you many delicious things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twice-baked potatoes are on my NYE menu for tonight...it doesn't get any better, does it??? Yours look great!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingers are crossed for you for the perfect steak, and I agree with you about the other two resolutions :-) I tend not to make them, but I'm really going to try hard to get more morning workouts in next year! These potatoes look amazing! I hope you have a wonderful 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks EA & Karen! I hope 2012 is good to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice recap & great potato recipe! Happy New Year & all the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great.. Glad to meet you through this virtual party! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for being with us, great pleasure to know you, and hope to continue our foodie adventures in years to come!
    Twice baked potato..anytime.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those twice baked potatoes look DELISH!!! I am not one to make resolutions, I never stick to them, LOL! Happy New Year:-) Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did twice baked potatoes once before years ago but as with many other great recipes I simply forgot about them, so thanks for reminding me. It looks delicious! Happy Newyear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ladies, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM! I used to make these for holidays a lot...but need to revive my recipe. Yours look fabulous...fun to join you on this virtual NYE party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love twice-baked potatoes, yet never make them. hmmm. I need to fix that!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely baked potatoes! love the cheese in it!

    glad to have met you via this virtual party! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love twice baked potatoes, and yours look especially amazing! Glad to take part in #Welcome2012 Virtaul New Year with you. Wishing you a most wonderful New Year full of love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Potatoes make me happy. TWICE baked potatoes? Well, even happier! Great read! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are the prettiest potatoes I have ever seen. Thanks for the shout out--Happy New Year and I hope to meet you soon in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh gosh do I love Twice Baked Potatoes. Yum!! Gorgeous photos Jessie. Happy New Year to you and thank you for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I made these tonight using the most basic parmesan, cheddar, butter and sour cream since I did not have any green onions or bacon. They were super good!

    ReplyDelete