ondragstart='return false' onselectstart='return false'>

© 2012 Jessie Kaufman. These photos and content are protected by US Copyright laws. It is unlawful to reproduce, publish, or edit this content without permission.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

White Grapefruit & Avocado Salad

© 2012 Jessie Kaufman



Ever since I acquired an immersion blender I've been a little obsessed with emulsifying anything. Foam. Check. Dressings. Check. Tofu + anything. Hey, why not?
This is how this recipe was born.



If you could take a bite out of summer I'm pretty sure it'd taste like this.

White Grapefruit & Avocado Salad
Serves 2

1/2 tbsp mustard
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1 ripe avocado
1 grapefruit

Combine mustard, brown sugar, lemon juice, pepper, and olive oil in a blender. Blend until emulsified. 
Peel grapefruit and remove skin. Cut avocado in to long, thin strips. Arrange on a place and drizzle vinaigrette on top.



What's your favorite kitchen appliance to play with?

4 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! Gorgeous photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, fresh salad. Sometimes simplicity is so much better!
    I have to say, I love my immersion blender tons, but I make SUCH a mess with it. I just noticed the cabinets are completely splattered after a mushroom soup incident a few nights ago! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I know that feeling! The other day I was giving the kitchen a good scrub down and noticed a half pureed tomato attached to the bottom of the cabinet. Oops!

      Delete