ondragstart='return false' onselectstart='return false'>

© 2012 Jessie Kaufman. These photos and content are protected by US Copyright laws. It is unlawful to reproduce, publish, or edit this content without permission.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Faux Garlic Mashed Potatoes


          I have been dying to eat mashed potatoes lately and since I'm not really eating that many carbs these days I knew I had to come up with an alternative or I'd cave. I've heard of people subbing cauliflower for potatoes and figured I'd give it a try. I used my regular mashed potato recipe, took out the milk, reduced the butter, and subbed in the cauliflower. If I didn't know this was cauliflower and was served these at a restaurant I wouldn't know the difference. They taste a lot like Outback's garlic mashed potatoes.


Faux Garlic Mashed Potatoes
serves 4
15 minutes

1 medium head cauliflower
1 large clove of garlic
1 tbsp cream cheese
4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp unsalted butter
salt & pepper to taste

Steam cauliflower until soft, add all ingredients to a food processor and process until they resemble mashed potatoes. Easy peasy, and most importantly, less carbs! 

5 comments:

  1. I love potatoes--I've cut down, but I can't cut them out altogether. ;) But cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies, so this recipe might help with the cutting down part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favs too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea, especially for those who want to cut more carbs out of their diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried mashed cauliflower, but these looks pretty tasty! I'll have to give 'em a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea.. thanks for posting..

    ReplyDelete